Talking Points you’ll hear on Episode 201
- Having a body of work that matches your personality.
- The subtle but bright color palette of Luke Drozd.
- Exploring his early works and rebellious nature of his early work like the Hey Kids Fuck You alphabet series.
- Never intending to have a career just following a long line of happy accidents.
- Designing for the medium or product versus downsizing work that you have already created.
- Drew’s amazing Scout Merit Badges that all celebrate a life of crime.
- Making fine art pieces when that’s where the idea best fits.
- 38B a crazy idea of turning his living room into a gallery and 4 years later it’s still happening.
In The Ring of Friends (paid content)
- When you realize the labor of a fun side project.
- Getting back to creative and enjoy the stopping point of artwork where as administrative never seems to end.
- Being blown away by the work flow of other designers and wanting to work with others to learn more about their process.
- Talking about the mental side of retail, what makes a customer purchase what they buy.
- Being shocked when you sell your artwork in a room full of talent.…read more