Talking Points you’ll hear on Episode 200
- The 2 Cs “Always check your calendar and calculator before you commit to anything.”
- Alex shares with his painful 2013 where in trying to create more business he almost went out of business.
- Cleaning out your online store to only show the best items and to give up on items that don’t sell but only confuse shoppers and prospective clients.
- The common mistake of trying to over calculate success instead of following your true creative path.
- How an open edition print saved Alex’s year and started him on his current career path.
- In 2015 Alex is well on his way to being client-less and we break down this amazing transition step by step.
- The magical spreadsheet that Alex created teaching him that he earns 5X the amount of money when working for himself versus clients.
- Viewing art as product and treating your talent like commodity that can earn your financial and creative freedom.
- The concept behind the new Family Tree Fairy Tale Series of art prints.
- A thank you to everyone who supports the show and helped it get to 200 episodes.
In The Circle Of Trust (paid content)
- Mark bullies Alex into admitting that he’s a good illustrator.
- The balance of doing creative work versus doing administrative work.
- Time management and how a calendar can actually set you free versus making you feel trapped.
- Facebook ads and how Family Tree has seen great results with highly targeted ads.
- Paying people to do things you hate, so that you can spend more time earning money doing what you love.
- The results from Family Tree hiring a Digital Marketing Specialist.
- The “McRib Factor” sometimes everything should sellout.
- Mark thanks Alex for starting him down the path of custom brushes in Photoshop. …read more