Episode 194 - Ryan Patterson of Coliseum “Living Your Life & Following Your Heart”
Talking Points You’ll Hear on Episode 194
- How jerks like us can copy the celebrity lifestyle of greed into the punk rock life of just getting by.
- Overcoming a parent’s expectations and following your own path in life.
- Using your art to define a personal self worth.
- Finding an emotional score that rewards you and keeps you going before any actual success.
- The truth behind “Living Your Life & Following Your Heart” and how it works if done correctly.
- Bonding over the early steps that get you on the path to entrepreneurship.
- Your network of real friends that help you along the way.
- Ryan shares with us the business model of his merchandising company Shirt Killer.
- Make friends where you can and always treat the assistant as important as their boss.
- The importance of socially relevant lyrics in music.
- How music design has changed in Ryan’s career.
In The Circle of Trust (paid content)
- We talk to Ryan about keeping the balance between all of his various projects.
- What the future of music looks like in Ryan’s eyes.
- Not being able to let go of a project because you’re addicted to being the guy in the project.
- Not wanting to be a session player but the lead singer in your own band.
- How to diversify your talents to make a career.
- If you can’t find a shortcut, it doesn’t mean that you can’t create your own.…read more