Talking Points You’ll Hear on Episode 193
- Out of sight out mind is best with shipping.
- The cash flow struggles of creating a solo art show.
- We learn about Tom’s routines and life balance after one year of working 100% freelance.
- Mark gives Tom advice on not overthinking his website and redesigning with Square Space.
- Knowing you’re a true creative when illustrated curves bring out your animal instincts.
- We talk about the artwork Tom created for his solo show Pulp Menagerie.
- Tom explains his purpose for variant print runs.
- Using a top level layer that creates perfect boarders.
- Wanting to do one off artwork but not being able to justify time spent.
- How a client revision help create one of Tom’s best pieces of all time.
- The love of research to make infographics.
- The benefit of illustrators that have great graphic design backgrounds.
In The Circle of Trust (paid content)
- Tom’s mindset of “If I Apply Myself, The Work Will Get Done”
- Making the decision to stay positive and enjoy the busy times.
- The importance of having a private workspace when working at home.
- Working creative directors that don’t want to hear others ideas.
- Getting your ideas out of your head.
- Mark tries to convince Tom into creating some passive income projects and gives advice on how to make results not excuses. …read more