Talking Points You’ll Hear On Episode 237
- How Huck Gee stumbled into the world of designer toy collecting and found a little website called Kidrobot.
- Early days of vinyl toy design and realizing that he had stumbled onto something really huge.
- Pushing the template, breaking the mold and fucking with people.
- What it really feels like and means to have your work in the MOMA, working with Marc Jacobs and creating work for Christie's Auction House.
- The rise and fall of the collector toy market.
- How hard you have to work to make it happen.
- The art of collect ability and how to perfectly ride that line.
- Huck's last year of reinvention as he takes the reigns of his career and creates his own toy line.
- The huge investment and gamble in this do or die moment in his career.
- There are no rules to working for yourself.
- Learning from the missteps along the way.
In The Circle Of Trust (Paid Subscriber Content)
- The truth on leaving Kidrobot.
- Getting into intellectual property design.
- Tips on how to get into making your own toys.