Best of Adventures In Design Episode 152 - Rob Jones “Accountable Paranoia” Circle of Trust Content
Episode 152 - Rob Jones “Accountable Paranoia”
Rob Jones is the senior art director for the officially licensed pop culture art factory known as Mondo. He has also worked directly with Jack White for over a decade creating gig posters and packaging for all of Jack’s various musical projects. Rob is one of the most well respected art directors in the business and shares how he gets amazing results out of today’s best talents in illustration, design and printmaking.
Talking Points You’ll Hear On Episode 152
- Why it’s important to have the respect of the artists that you’re wiring with.
- Using your experience as a designer to make realistic revisions and not wasting your talents time.
- How to motivate your designers to give you their best work.
- The pride in finished work that you art directed.
- Knowing when work is good and not forcing your ego into others work.
- Working with the best talents in the field and what you learn on your own work.
- Why being polite and honest goes a long way.
- Why it’s important to have a good connecting theme in a art show.
- The importance of not apologizing.
- Having a best friend in your wife.
- What it means to have a Grammy and gold records in your house.
- Being motivated by the fear of losing it all.
In The Circle of Trust (Paid Subscriber Content)
- Mitch Putnam joins in the fun.
- Rob Jones and Mitch Putnam talk about art directing and working together.
- How printers are the real heroes.
- AND MANY, MANY, MANY TOPICS WE WILL NOT PUT IN WRITING. CIRCLE OF TRUST ONLY…read more